- Webinars We Refuse the Rent Increase on October 10 and 24 at 8:00 PM
- Impending rent increases in 2024
- Webinars BPW 'Tenancy law how and what' & 'Action planning' in autumn 2023
Webinars WWDH: continued after October 1
The time will soon come, October 1st! Some will then have successfully refused the rent increase because your landlord did not follow the correct steps. But how do you ensure that your landlord also recognizes this? You may have to contact the Rent Assessment Board for this. That is why two webinars are planned in October in which we will discuss the next steps in the campaign and the approach to the Rent Assessment Committee. Tuesday October 10 and Tuesday October 24 you can 8:00 PM participate in the We Refuse The Rent Increase Webinars.
In the Webinars we will discuss, among other things:
– How to deal with unlawful threatening letters and reminders after October 1
– How to go to the Rent Assessment Committee.
– Discuss our next steps for collective action towards landlords and politics.
– Of course, your questions and comments will also be discussed
So important information! You can register via the website
Do you want to know more now? Then read about the next steps in our FAQ the Rent Increase.
Together we are strong, so if you know people who would be interested or for whom you think the webinars could be useful, please share this invitation!
Impending rent increase in 2024
Next year there is a threat of rent increases of almost 6%! This is completely unacceptable! Tenants are furious. This means that even more people end up in poverty. Extra reason to organize yourself with the action group We Refuse the Rent Increase and make ourselves heard en masse. We demand from landlords and politicians: Stop rent increases and provide social security! Therefore, take part in our campaign again next year and organize yourself by joining one of our local solidarity networks.
Webinars BPW: tenancy law & self-organization and action planning
WEBINAR 'RENTAL LAW HOW AND WHAT'?
This introductory course is intended to provide members of local groups with the knowledge and resources to organize their members and incoming requests for help as best as possible.
What you learn:
- How to build a file; ensure that all relevant information is provided.
- How to identify the core question and problem.
- How to interpret the legal position of residents, how to consult and engage a lawyer in legally complex situations.
The course discusses common situations and loopholes in tenancy law, including the various (temporary) rental contracts, evictions and rental (price) protection. We will discuss a number of (anonymous) cases together and we will explain the BPW solidarity fund for legal costs.
WEBINAR 'SELF ORGANIZATION AND ACTION PLANNING'.
This course covers the different work and action methods of BPW. After the legal interpretation and problem analysis, there is work to be done!
What you learn:
- How you can create an action plan together with (groups of) residents and your local BPW group to claim housing rights.
- How to write a clear step-by-step plan and requirements article and ensure that you can make your campaign and action with residents even more effective.
- How to prepare yourself even better for follow-up actions and the various areas of the housing struggle.
- With our model of self-organization and solidarity from below, we can involve people in our movement in a sustainable way and together make a stand for our right to live.
Friday October 6 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM, Tenancy law how and what?
Friday October 20 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM, Self-organization and action planning
Thursday November 9 7:30 PM – 9:00 PM, Tenancy law how and what?
Thursday, November 23, 7:30 PM - 9:00 PM, Self-organization and action planning
Thursday, December 7, 7:30 PM – 9:30 PM, Tenancy law how and what?
Thursday, December 21, 7:30 PM - 9:00 PM, Self-organization and action planning
Support We Refuse the Rent Increase with a donation! We are now over half of our donation goal! Thanks for this! In order to be able to continue to supplement our promotional material and to keep the rest of the campaign going, we ask you to continue to donate. This is how we fight together for a multi-year rent freeze!
Bond Precaire Woonvormen
The action campaign Wij Weigeren de Huurverhoging is partly made possible by the Bond Precaire Woonvormen (BPW)† Do you want to support the fight for lower rents and housing security for everyone? Then become a member of the BPW now!
On the national strategy day of the Bond Precarious Housing Forms, attention was paid to the campaign of “We refuse the rent increase”. The action method from rent refusal to rent freeze was explained and deepened during the workshop “Action and escalation methods”. The massive refusal action has the potential to permanently enforce affordable rents nationwide through a strong bottom-up tenant movement. So sign up, refuse the rent increase and become a member of the Bond!